We are a friendly group, and our aim is to promote the creation and enjoyment of botanical art and illustration of the highest standard. We have a simple application process, where you get a chance to tell us a bit about yourself, and we take a look at a few samples of your work.
- Membership of the Group shall be granted to new applicants after submission of 3 pieces of botanical work completed within the last three years. The work should be submitted digitally by email or from a link to a personal website. This work will be reviewed by the Membership Sub Committee and on acceptance there will be no further selection of a member’s work prior to exhibitions.
- The aim of the Group is to encourage and practise a high standard of botanical art and to organise an annual exhibition of members’ work. All members should, whenever possible, contribute to the exhibitions with new work, and be available for stewarding tasks.
- An annual subscription fee of £25 shall become due at the AGM (held annually in October or November). The amount shall be reviewed from time to time at the discretion of the committee. For new members joining within the last three months of the financial year the fee shall be pro-rata.
- The number of members in the group at any one time is limited to 30.
- Apart from an annual exhibition, the Group aims to organise two other events per year such as workshops, or trips in the widest botanical form. From time to time the group will also consider ongoing “Special Projects” of a botanical nature in which all members will be invited to participate.
- In addition to IBA exhibition entries (upon written request by IBA Members who have received outside awards and prizes within the last two years) non-selling exhibits of the award-winning artwork only may be displayed at the Annual or other IBA Exhibitions at the discretion of the Committee.
Contact the Chair Tina Bone directly by email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put "Enquiry - Joining IBA" in the subject field of your email.